RE: Provenance (was HTTP mechanics +1, IR semantics -1)

The thing is, that IMO, the author of a document will, to the best of their ability, know what it is that they want to say in the source format of that document - and how to say it in that format. I doubt that few if any would be willing to be held to account for the triples that might result from namespace to content-type or formats specific transforms. We have seen examples where folks have got simple things wrong - we have People that are parts of a document serialisation through simple mistakes. Many, most folks will be focussed on getting the surfaces syntax right for the particular task in hand - but don't expect them to care to much about the triples that you want to extract for whatever your purposes happen to be.

Yes... I can read the faithful rendition text... I can also huff and puff at a brick house.

To get the 'right' triple out folks will have to be intentional about that in the documents that they write - and I doubt that most will be (at least in the early days - and probably for a while longer).

My 2 pence worth.

BR,

Stuart
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN