Re: HTTP mechanics +1, IR semantics -1

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> As stated, this is not the activity that I signed on to participate in.
>
> Having a clear and well specified architecture based on sensible and
> understandable documentation, that has the potential number to server
> development in a wide variety of circumstances, including scientific
> ones, is of interest.

Yes, this of interest.
> Serving a particular application, and by implication, suggesting that
> it is the canonical semantic web application, does not.

However, if we want to actually merge data across applications, having
some sort of provenance ontology (did we GRDDL to get this RDF? Did we
use RDFa? Did we have to run it through some data-munging? Manually
replace some URIs in a pipeline?) is absolutely a second crucial
component of the architecture of the Semantic Web, once we have a basic
normative algorithm for retrieving SemWeb data given a URI. To me, it
appears that documentation URIs/information resources would be
components of such a provenance ontology.

          take care,
             harry