Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 23:33:09 +0200
Subject: Re: LBS from GENIVI
Cc: PHILIPPE COLLIOT <philippe.colliot@mpsa.com>, Philippe Robin <philippe.r
obin@technoveo.com>
To: Paul Boyes <Paul.Boyes@inrix.com>, member-automotive <member-automotive@
w3.org>, public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
From: Gunnar Andersson <gandersson@genivi.org>

Hi Paul

Hope you all felt good about the discussion today.

On Wed, 2017-04-05 at 20:57 +0000, Paul Boyes wrote:
> FYI - From our discussion in the RSI Task Force today is a link from
> GENIVI regarding LBS particularly as it relates to the W3C:
>
> https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/NAV/IVI+NavigationW3C

It looks to me that that page has not been updated from the early work based
on WebIDL.  Rest assured that everyone is on board with the service-based
approach not only for Vehicle Signals but also for LBS.  (Of course we *can*
still generate WebIDL too out of Franca if desired, but it's not what we
will be working with in the current W3C initiatives, as we all know.)

> Here is Generalized IVI Navigation link from GENIVI:
>
> https://at.projects.genivi.org/wiki/display/NAV/IVI+Navigation+Home

All of the linked APIs at the bottom of this page are in their D-Bus
versions.  Reading them will give you an idea, but we have these in Franca
IDL now, which is more generic and readable.  The Franca-IDL interfaces are
now our official source from which all translations and bindings are
created.

That said, I'll wait for Philippe C to update everyone on this.

Thanks
- Gunnar

--
Gunnar Andersson <gandersson@genivi.org>