W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-autowebplatform@w3.org > November 2016

[GENIVI-W3C] minutes - 22 November 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 00:25:30 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UqungZtAdqLoRKU2owHcx31noMA9GnORy-N_jt=06hLQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: "public-autowebplatform@w3.org" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org>
Cc: genivi-pmo@mail.genivi.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/11/22-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

FYI, the Web Speech API Specification by the W3C
Speech API Community Group (=so called "Google Speech API")
is available at:
  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api/raw-file/9a0075d25326/speechapi.html

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                        GENIVI/W3C coordination

22 Nov 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/22-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Ted, Kaz, Philippe_Robin, Qing_An, Rudi_Streif,
          Peter_Winzell

   Regrets
   Chair
          Philippe_Robin

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]VSS
         2. [5]LBS
         3. [6]Speech
         4. [7]CES
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

VSS

   rudi: evolving
   ... Vehicle Signal Server spec by W3C
   ... looking forward to collaboration
   ... W3C Automotive WG is on trajectory
   ... 2 weeks looked at VSS
   ... OCF endpoint and automated tool
   ... got feedback
   ... Carfit, one JLR incubator company, submitted a VSS branch
   ... adaption and contribution expected
   ... what about the VW proposal? how is it positioned w.r.t.
   VSS?

   pr: keep parallel?

   rudi: working together
   ... both sides are looking forward to collaboration

LBS

   qa: in Sep. submitted an initial draft API during W3C TPAC
   ... and had discussion
   ... after that, there is no big update yet
   ... waiting for input from Philippe Colliot
   ... he's currently working on Franca API, I think

   pr: Philippe Colliot is working on the co-generator for Franca
   ... very busy with internal work
   ... hope we'll have his response late Dec.

   qa: in Sep. we agreed we can develop WebSocket interface and
   WebIDL API
   ... we can hold some more discussion once got Philippe's
   response

   ted: during the F2F, we couldn't talk about Qing An's proposal
   ... VW's effort will be discussed by the BG
   ... including LBS and Media Tuner capabilities
   ... would help Qing An's work

Speech

   pr: expect to release standardized API for speech output
   ... sometime during the next quarter
   ... use cases are already published on the GENIVI wiki
   ... PoC implementation early next year
   ... expect input from other companies

   ted: Nuance was a W3C Member
   ... there is Google Speech API against Nuance's approach
   ... maybe a good topic to bring back Nuance
   ... BG should look at the detail

   <ted> kaz: I would be interested in possible compatibility
   between Genivi speech API and Google's

   pr: need to check with Philippe Colliot
   ... mainly done by Continental
   ... can forward this question to Philippe Colliot

   <scribe> ACTION: Philippe_Robin to ask Philippe Colliot about
   compatibility with Google API [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/22-auto-minutes.html#action01]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/22-auto-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Philippe_Robin'. You can review and
   register nicknames at
   <[11]http://www.w3.org/auto/wg/track/users>.

     [11] http://www.w3.org/auto/wg/track/users

   kaz: will send resource on Google API

CES

   pr: who will be there?

   ted: will be there
   ... my colleagues, Alan, Karen as well
   ... Paul Boyes as well
   ... might want to start a mail thread about discussion there
   ... outreach, GENIVI/W3C work, introduction, etc.
   ... people from Nuance may be there

   rudi: should have a doodle to decide the meeting time?
   ... Paul sent us an email
   ... he says he was thinking about something social, though
   ... attracting new members using some flier, paper, etc., would
   be good

   ted: Karen from the W3C MarComm Team has resources
   ... sharing prospects' contact information would be useful
   ... JLR, GENIVI, W3C, others
   ... we should reach out and see who would be there

   pr: ok

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Philippe_Robin to ask Philippe Colliot about
   compatibility with Google API [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2016/11/22-auto-minutes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2016/11/22-auto-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version
    1.148 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/11/24 14:09:22 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 24 November 2016 15:26:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 24 November 2016 15:26:52 UTC