Re: Jul 14 Security & Privacy telcon minutes

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 4:04 AM, Junichi Hashimoto <xju-hashimoto@kddi.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since we were 4 on the call, I took a note instead of irc.

Many thanks for taking notes Junichi-san.

> # Participants
> Adam Crofts, Song Li, Tatsuhiko Hirabayashi, Junichi Hashimoto(chair)
>
> # Topics
>
> ## Security guideline
>
> * Junich is revising the guideline and will share it next week.
> * Use cases and discussion points that were shared at Sapporo TPAC are
> included.
> * 6 discussion points can be divided into 3 category.
> * Diagram in the current note will be replaced with more conceptual one.
>
> ## Vehicle information Service Spec
>
> * Security consideration should be mandatory and needs a careful review.
> * Song will gives us feedback at Portland F2F.
>
> ## Liaison/Collaboration at TPAC
>
> * Junichi will report security activities in W3C. These activities include
> WoT, FIDO, Hardware Security.
> * Report will be discussed in Portland to decide which group we should
> collaborate with.

I would like to let this list know that GENIVI is restarting its Security
activity and will likely be able to engage for collaboration. We have
already a threat model and will likely be revisiting that in the coming
weeks but we'll try and continue to engage on this list as we move forward.
For example I'm happy to review and present in the GENIVI discussions that
use cases that came from the Sapporo meeting for discussion amongst
automakers and suppliers.

Many thanks,

Jeremiah

--