W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-autowebplatform@w3.org > December 2013

Re: December W3C Conf Call

From: Andy Gryc <AGryc@qnx.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 02:10:15 +0000
To: Lucinda Lewis <cindy.lewis@me.com>
CC: "Abramski, Adam M" <adam.m.abramski@intel.com>, "public-autowebplatform@w3.org" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20131211021015.7205015.3227.1166@qnx.com>
Did Adam start the call? I mentioned that I would be in transit and so we used his bridge. I just got this message...

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
From: Lucinda Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:06 PM
To: Andy Gryc
Cc: Abramski, Adam M; public-autowebplatform@w3.org
Subject: Re: December W3C Conf Call


Is there a meeting on December 10, as Andy's 2013-12-4 email noticed? There are a number of group members waiting on IRC.

Cindy Lewis

On Dec 4, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Andy Gryc wrote:

Sounds good—thank you Adam for setting this up.

Although we could wait until next week to discuss, I wanted to provide just a couple short notes for everyone on the list on what's been going on in the core team:

  *   We're waiting on one last contribution for the core team, and we're discussing those contributions tonight (or tomorrow morning, depending on your time zone). We've made quite a bit of progress, but all the bits still need to be merged together.
  *   I was the only one really pushing Cordova (to ensure mobile compatibility). However Cordova is making an eventual migration to W3C, and W3C specs are generally in webidl, I've come around. So now I think we're in unanimous agreement that our proposal should be in webidl.
  *   Adam didn't mention it, but he's already completed his action item by pulling in Anssi. Anssi provided some expert webidl advice on how to handle some particular Cordova idioms (like optional & unsupported APIs), so provided that our editors (Justin & Kevron) have no troubles in applying that advice, I think those issues may be resolved.

We'll go into more detail on the Tuesday call.

From: <Abramski>, Adam M <adam.m.abramski@intel.com<mailto:adam.m.abramski@intel.com>>
Date: Tuesday, 3 December, 2013 4:39 PM
To: "public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org>" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org>>
Cc: "Abramski, Adam M" <adam.m.abramski@intel.com<mailto:adam.m.abramski@intel.com>>
Subject: December W3C Conf Call
Resent-From: <public-autowebplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-autowebplatform@w3.org>>
Resent-Date: Tuesday, 3 December, 2013 4:40 PM

Hi all,

Let’s have a conf call next Tuesday.

Since our last meeting was held at 6am Pacific Time, I propose we do the next one using the times below:

Tuesday, December 10
5PM – 6PM (Pacific)
8PM – 9PM (Eastern)
1AM – 2AM (GMT)
2AM – 3AM (CET)
10AM – 11AM (KST/JST) (Wed, Dec 11)

Call-in/Logistics information:
Conf call numbers are here: http://www.w3.org/community/autowebplatform/wiki/Automotive_and_Web_Platform_Business_Group:Current_events#Conf_Call_Call_in_Numbers<http://www.w3.org/community/autowebplatform/wiki/Automotive_and_Web_Platform_Business_Group:Current_events>
Bridge: 5
Passcode: 877796630#

Online Lync meeting (optional)

NOTE:  You can also login to Lync and have it call you (there’s a menu listed “Call” and you type in the number you want it to call you at) or just use the conf call number, bridge and passcode.

We’ll use IRC and our chat channel during our meeting so please login to follow any discussion during the meeting:
Go to http://irc.w3.org/ and log in
To join channel type /join #auto

* Update on previous ARs from last meeting:
ACTION: The contributions from this core team are due at the end of November.
ACTION: Philipp to get more info from his Cordova contacts re Cordova converging with W3C API in future
ACTION: Adam to bring Ansi into WebIDL conversation.  Provide draft spec from QNX to Ansi (as he’s involved in SysApps group) to provide guidance on WebIDL and ideas on how to conform.
ACTION: Group to research and provide any feedback to help make webidl vs cordova decision.
ACTION: Adam and Andy to propose final date and location of F2F in Feb.
* Update on vehicle data web API spec from the team
* Discuss any open issues and assumptions (set/get, webidl, optional/mandatory/supported, units & types, "unrealistic" signals)
* Make decisions on next face-to-face: location, time, purpose
* Ongoing standards work – What’s next?  Speech/TTS, Navigation, Tuner, Multimodal, ???

Have a great rest of the week and we’ll talk next week,
Received on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 02:10:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:06:36 UTC