Re: Geo-fencing for responsible use of spatial data from vehicles

There was also use of fences in SCIRA, but as filter / exclusion zones for routing, e.g. route emergency vehicles to incident zones, route public vehicles around them. Defined as polygons for this purpose, optionally with intervals of time validity. There was tracking of responders and their vehicles for coordination purposes, but not of others. Routing was also used to facilitate public evacuation, through random provision of multiple escape routes, but we did not incorporate larger traffic monitoring a la Waze to do so.

Since it seems valuable to use a given geometry or feature for different purposes, it might be most important to have a well-defined set of predicates for connecting such geofence features to particular actions or conditions.

-Josh

Josh Lieberman, Ph.D.
Director Innovation Programs | Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
Office: +1-617-431-6431 | @geospatialogist
JLieberman@ogc.org <mailto:JLieberman@ogc.org> | ogc.org <http://ogc.org/> | @opengeospatial

--
 <https://www.ogc.org/webinars>