Re: Geo-fencing for responsible use of spatial data from vehicles

A key concept from a privacy protection point of view would be maintaining
anonymity, because of the temporal sensitivity of vehicle tracking data
that might call for limitations in data capture at the beginning and end of
each journey to hide start and end points which could be associated with
home and work addresses for example. So rather than a geofence a time fence
might be a useful concept ?

In terms of actual spatial limitation I would keep it simple to a minimum
bounding box perhaps, although surely there is a natural limitation in
terms of the range of the sensors onboard the vehicle ?

It's great to have this conversation !

Ed

[image: Google Logo]
Ed Parsons