Re: VSS and VIWI

I fully agree with Kevin. It is the nature of mapping that some information
and/or functionality is not available anymore. Just think geographic maps.
That does not render them useless.

The idea I proposed is to use a hash to encode the entire path from root to
leaf. That is actually not that novel for VSS. Well, the hash is but from
the beginning we had a processor that simply assigned a number to the
nodes. Obviously the numbering is not that great as it can change when the
table is recreated. The hash is much better for that.

My example encoded the entire path from root to leaf. Ulf is correct that
with that you cannot access a whole part of the branch anymore. But what
can be done with an entire path can be done with any node in the path.

Regardless, what Kevin says holds true, the limitation is the limited depth
of ViWi. Accordingly it would be best to analyze the limitations and see
how it can be overcome rather than work around it.

:rjs