W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-automotive@w3.org > May 2016

[auto-wg] minutes - 3 May 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 09:50:31 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Uxz9UnUc=BQR+3nh-uVeBKmiBF5XU3_3DKPG-d0-inVA@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-automotive <public-automotive@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/05/03-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Automotive WG

03 May 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-automotive/2016May/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/04-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Paul_Boyes, Tatsuhiko_Hirabayashi, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Powerll_Kinney, Rudi_Streif, Ted_Guild, Dave_Jensen,
          Yingying_Chen, Wonsuk_Lee

   Regrets
   Chair
          Paul, Rudi

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [4]Topics
     * [5]Summary of Action Items
     * [6]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   (discussion about the agenda for today)

   paul: AGL?

   rudi: JLR will continue contribution

   paul: tx
   ... recap from the f2f
   ... get the conclusion from the meeting (on the Word) on the
   wiki
   ... so that people add edits
   ... some actions

   <ted> [ted is talking with Fulup Le Foll from AGL about
   involving them more in the WG and learn about their websocket
   REST approach]

   <Paul> [7]https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Main_Page#Task_Forces

      [7] https://www.w3.org/auto/wg/wiki/Main_Page#Task_Forces

   paul: adding TFs to the wiki
   ... we have action items came up from the meeting
   ... next real topic is putting what to do
   ... and get people involved
   ... would like input

   powell: will start GitHub issues as well?

   rudi: will dig into CAN database
   ... looking into VSS
   ... make sense to share

   paul: sounds good

   rudi: how we handle data access

   paul: Sanjeev gave presentation
   ... specification looks like websocket and rest
   ... some one may want to start work

   powell: will do

   rudi: Klaus Birken is an expert of language transformation,
   e.g., WebIDL to FrancaIDL

   paul: ok
   ... want to look into VSS in detail
   ... also what look like between current data spec and VSS

   kaz: we should add Security/Privacy TF as well, shouldn't we?

   paul: yeah
   ... Security/Privacy should have a separate call
   ... will we create GitHub issues to assign tasks?
   ... you can use wiki as well

   <ted> trackbot, status?

   paul: to manage who is involved, etc.

   <ted> action-1?

   <trackbot> action-1 -- Paul Boyes to Work with ted and kaz on
   github repository layout -- due 2015-04-30 -- CLOSED

   <trackbot> [8]http://www.w3.org/auto/wg/track/actions/1

      [8] http://www.w3.org/auto/wg/track/actions/1

   powell: sounds good to me

   ted: W3C Issue Tracker is also available to manage
   issues/actions
   ... interact with IRC

   paul: thought we could simply use the wiki
   ... don't really have anything else today
   ... Dave, do you have any comments?
   ... Kaz has sent out the minutes to the group

   dave: will see them

   rudi: do we talk about the next f2f?

   paul: my opinion is next f2f should be held in US
   ... between the AC and the TPAC
   ... Portland or MIT would work

   rudi: we do host meetings
   ... but I'm not on-site and need confirmation

   ted: US would make sense for people from US

   paul: difference between AC(TPAC) and ordinary f2f is liaison
   with other groups
   ... having a f2f in July would be useful to continue the
   discussion for the next level
   ... available in July?

   rudi: July would be fine

   paul: July would be good from the viewpoint of the meeting span
   ... May, July and September

   ted: I'm the only one on the East coast
   ... so West coast is fine

   paul: should wait what people will say

   kaz: thought Wonsuk was also interested

   paul: yeah
   ... important to accelerate the BG too

   rudi: can host a meeting in July

   (some discussion on possible attractions)

   paul: Portland is great and easy to walk to downtown

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([10]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/05/04 00:46:33 $

      [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 4 May 2016 00:51:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 24 October 2017 18:52:50 UTC