RE: [Inquiry on W3C Vehicle Specification] Hello, This is Lux Lee working for Obigo in South Korea

Hi Lux Lee!

One note regarding your questions:

The specification is undergoing some radical changes. The concept of Zone is deprecated and will not be a part of the final specification.  The current status and changes are not final however. The zone concept is basically being replaced with ¡°branches¡± attached to a tree data object:

body.mirror.left.heated
   body.mirror.left.folded
   body.mirror.right.heated
   body.mirror.right.folded
   body.door.front.left.open
   body.door.back.left.open

The data spec will be based on the Genivi VSS data specification which you can find here:
https://github.com/GENIVI/vehicle_signal_specification

There are many arguments why we are doing this change, but the main overall argument is that the old spec was not able to meet the industry requirements on adaption and flexibility.

Br
Peter Winzell