W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-automotive@w3.org > May 2015

[auto-wg] minutes - 26 May 2015

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 02:47:42 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9WC5oX+jxRVF9aDJGLcEJb5W7j5sQ-yCPyJVoDi9vC3=g@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-automotive@w3.org
The minutes from today's WG call are available at:
 http://www.w3.org/2015/05/26-auto-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             Automotive WG

26 May 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/26-auto-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Paul, Adam_Crofts, Jorg, Kaz, Peter, Qing, Adam, urata,
          dave, greg, Avery

   Regrets
          Ted

   Chair
          Paul

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Issues on GitHub
         2. [5]AOB
         3. [6]Publication schedule update
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Issues on GitHub

   paul: comments on GitHub
   ... if you can see the screen here (on gotomeeting)

   (shows issues on GitHub)

   -> [8]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues Automotive
   issues

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues

   [issue 1]

   paul: access to the issues page?

   qing: no...

   kaz: please let me know about your github account

   [issue 2]

   paul: JavaScript coding style
   ... if you have input, please provide your comments on this
   issue

   dave: just joined

   [issue 3]

   Review API design

   peter: provided comments this evening
   ... where to discuss?

   paul: mailinglist is fine

   [issue 4]

   Update README

   paul: Dave made a pull request

   [issue 5]

   nullable and non-nullabl attribute definition

   paul: Qing brought up this
   ... some of the attributes are nullable but some are not
   ... any questions?

   [issue 6]

   paul: related to discovery
   ... any comments?
   ... suggestion to see other discovery APIs

   [issue 7]

   use-cases is not consistent with the interface function defined

   paul: not necessarily inline with the spec
   ... any comments?

   [issue 8]

   enum type ZonePosition

   paul: any comments?

   [issue 10]

   minor mistakes

   paul: pointed out by Qing An

   [issue 11]

   spelling/grammar

   paul: Dave made a pull request

   [issue 12]

   dave: this one as well

   [issue 13]

   fuel configuration interface

   dave: missing fuel types

   paul: (show the data spec)
   ... any other cases?

   dave: can add any cases possible

   kaz: is there a need to add any new technology to this list?

   paul: may be multiple gas tanks
   ... also multiple fuel positions
   ... would ask someone from JLR for opinion

   adam_crofts: different types and sub categories?

   dave: even regarding gasoline, there are different kinds of
   octane
   ... extra field for the detail

   paul: should we go with sub categories?
   ... we should support the variations
   ... (paul adds a note "Adam, Greg, Dave and Paul make
   suggestions" to issue 13)

   kaz: if needed we can publish a separate note for extensible
   list of parameters as a WG Note
   ... like EmotionML and its vocabulary Note

   paul: sounds good

   -> [9]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/13 issue 13

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/13

   [issue 14]

   [10]https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/14

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/automotive/issues/14

   vehicle speed units - suggestions

   paul: eitors update the doc to make units consistent
   ... feed free to add comments
   ... there was a long conversation
   ... (adds a note)

   [issue 16]

   YawRate exist. Roll and pitch are not necessary?

   [issue 17]

   Steering Wheel Left - Ambiguous

   adam_crofts: The steeringWheelLeft attribute name feels very
   ambiguous

   paul: driver vs passenger
   ... let's make sure with Kevron

   Jorg: could be an option of "center"

   paul: (adds notes)



   how to handle cars with no steering wheel?

   how to handle single seat car?

   center steer wheel?

   othr interfaces such as head unit location? what similar
   interfaces are we missing?

   ]]

   paul: any other comments?

   [issue 18]

   power modes - cranking

   paul: signal from cars

   adam_crofts: engine cranking would be a useful addition

   paul: (adds a note Adam Crofts to make a pull request to add
   "cranking")
   ... (shows the data spec)

   [11]http://rawgit.com/w3c/automotive/master/vehicle_data/data_s
   pec.html#vehiclepowermodetype-interface

     [11] http://rawgit.com/w3c/automotive/master/vehicle_data/data_spec.html#vehiclepowermodetype-interface

   jorg: if you turn off the engine, you have access to electronic
   devices

   paul: (adds a note "What happens with car that power off at
   stop? What is the Power Mode state? Adam to look into the
   cases")

   jorg: what if there are both a gasoline engine and an electric
   engine?

   paul: (adds a note "Perhaps separate interface for electric,
   gasoline, hybrid, etc.?")

   [issue 22]

   Remove etc. from specification

   paul: from Peter

   peter: thinks these "etc."s should be removed

   paul: (shows the data spec)

   [12]http://rawgit.com/w3c/automotive/master/vehicle_data/data_s
   pec.html#drivingmode-interface

     [12] http://rawgit.com/w3c/automotive/master/vehicle_data/data_spec.html#drivingmode-interface

   paul: (and shows the vehicle API spec)

   [13]http://rawgit.com/w3c/automotive/master/vehicle_data/vehicl
   e_spec.html

     [13] http://rawgit.com/w3c/automotive/master/vehicle_data/vehicle_spec.html

   paul: (adds a note "Peter to go through the cases where 'etc.'
   is used and propose alternatives as appropriate.")
   ... (also "Adam Crofts suggests providing overarching term with
   examples.")

   peter: have a question
   ... should I put the issue here on the GitHub?

   paul: yes

   peter: at the f2f meeting, question on a reference
   implementation from KDDI and ACCESS
   ... possible different implementations on how to implement
   subscribe
   ... using a dictionary would be convenient
   ... binding to C++, etc.
   ... two things into one

   paul: would be better to put an issue on the GitHub and get
   comments

   peter: good to discuss

   paul: any other comments?

   jorg: timeline for comments?

   paul: in July we'll have a f2f meeting
   ... would like to see the spec with all the comments taken into
   account
   ... adam, any ideas?

   adam: that's fine

   paul: missing things like security
   ... anyone on the group are encouraged to join the discussion
   to mature the specs

AOB

   @@@: use cases?

   paul: there is a wiki
   ... adam, anything else?

   adam: there will be a BG call

Publication schedule update

   kaz: thought we were planning to publish the specs as FPWDs
   asap
   ... but do we want to publish after the July f2f?

   paul: thought this GitHub repository could be a published one

   kaz: actually, we need to copy the snapshot version of the spec
   to the W3C server under the /TR area and publish it as a FPWD

   paul: what is the procedure?

   kaz: first, we need to get a group consensus by sending out a
   Call for Consensus to the group's Member list
   ... could you please send it out?

   paul: ok

   kaz: also we need to update our publication schedule

   paul: will provide an updated plan

   kaz: tx

   paul: anything else?

   (nothing)

   [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([15]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015/05/26 17:38:41 $

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 26 May 2015 17:48:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 24 October 2017 18:52:41 UTC