Re: auto-ACTION-1: Work with ted and kaz on github repository layout

After reviewing the contents of w3c/automotive-bg here's what I think needs
to be addressed with regard to the repo. Hopefully, this is not overkill…

1. Layout
  - Where do all of the files live.
  - What do the files/directories mean.
2. A better README
  - Right now, when you visit the repo page, you have no idea where to start
3. Contribution guidelines
  - How to make a change, compile the HTML output, etc.
  - Recommended format for commit messages
4. Release guidelines
  - Is a "snapshots directory really the best way to do this? Why not use
git tags instead?

With regard to document creation, I'm new to the W3C process so maybe there
are tools being used that I'm not familiar with. However, after reviewing a
few other W3C repos, it seems like every doc is in raw html with a gross
amount of repeated boilerplate all in one monolithic page. (This must be
maddening when more than 2 people are working on a doc). Has any though
been given to using a static site generator like HarpJS <http://harpjs.com/>
 or Jekyll <http://jekyllrb.com/>? Something where you can write in a more
readable format like Markdown, use a page templates, and generate the HTML
from that. It would also allow us to break up the monolithic page into
sections, with each section as it's own file, and still have the output as
one page. We could/should even include the output in the repo.