Re: Rebranding Auto-WCAG??

Hey all,
I had the same experience as Judy. Most people I talk to about this work is
under the impression that we're focused on accessibility tooling. Even
people that know we've got a broader scope still mostly think of
standardising accessibility tools as being the primary goal for Auto-WCAG.
While that's certainly how it started, that no longer fits with the work
that's actually going on. The two changes we've made since are these:

1. Rules no longer describe test procedures. They tell "what" to test
rather than "how" to test. In that way, what Auto-WCAG is doing is
rewriting the WCAG criteria to be atomic and remove their ambiguities. Rule
writing no longer is about writing code - how something is coded up has
become irrelevant, as long as results are consistent.

2. The distinction between what is automated, semi-automated and manual no
longer exists in rules. By keeping "Auto" in our name, this group keeps
implying that the work is mostly about automation, rather than being about
harmonising test methodologies.

I like Gian's suggestion of "testing", so something like a "wcag-testing
CG" or "accessibility testing CG".

Wilco