Re: Invitation to initial discussion March 17th on potential work on accessibility conformance testing

Dear All,

On Monday you received an invitation to participate in a meeting to discuss
the development of a rule set for normative accessibility conformance
testing. As promised I'm sending you the details on how to join the WebEx
call and the agenda for this meeting.

*Auto-WCAG: Conformance Testing*
Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 4:00 pm
Europe Time (Amsterdam, GMT+01:00)  |  1 hr 30 mins

*Join WebEx meeting*
<https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m8140542dcd2707e2bfa34ae5ae59ef9e>
Meeting number: 649 967 819
Meeting password: Please obtain your meeting password from your host.

*Join by phone*
*+1-617-324-0000 <%2B1-617-324-0000>* US Toll Number
Access code: 649 967 819CCP:+16173240000x649967819# Mobile Auto Dial:
+1-617-324-0000,,,649967819#

Add this meeting
<https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=md74a534e5da0b311e626e4c7bc3f8a75> to
your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)

Can't join the meeting? Contact support. <https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc>

*Please note: *If you have contacted me about joining the meeting I will
forward you the password by e-mail. For this meeting we will also be using
our IRC channel, where you can also get the password if you have not
received it. The IRC channel is: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#auto-wcag If you do
not have an IRC client you can use: http://irc.w3.org

*Agenda*
1. Introductions

2. Problem outline:
We'll explore what are common problems that have lead to an interest for
WCAG compliance rules. The aim is to gain a common understanding of what
the goals will be to work on.

3. Stakeholders:
We'll look at who among the participants would be interested to commit
resources to the initiative. Secondly we'll explore who else should be
invited to participate.

4. Organization with W3C:
What is the best way to organize this within the W3C. Should this work be
done within a working group? If so, which one. What connections are there
to other working groups?

5. How to frame the work process:
We'll need to discuss the size of this initiative, making sure there can be
a meaningful result within a reasonable amount of time. The key questions
here are what must be developed, and in what time frame.

6. Final thoughts

Regards

Wilco Fiers, Judy Brewer, Shadi Abou-Zahra

--
*Wilco Fiers* - Senior Accessibility Engineer