Re: Security & Privacy TF Charter

Hi Kevin,

Your point is data integrity.
I agree that it will be important for IoT and vehicles.

I'm bit confusing on the architecture we are discussing.
Perhaps, we have different architecture in each mind.

I'm imagining the same architecture as the figure in page 4 of [1].
Simply say:
 [car] - [ivi] - [internet],
where [ivi] implements the Vehicle APIs and behaves as a web browser.

While you are modeling [car] more precisely, and also considering native
interfaces. So it would be:
 [sensor(s)] - [ADAS controller] - [os?] - [internet?]

I guess, ADAS controller provides the API to [os?], and applications
written in C++ using the API run on the [os?]. If so, web browser
doesn't need any more.

Am I misunderstanding you?

[1]
https://www.w3.org/auto/security/wiki/images/9/9f/Proposed_Collaborative_Work_Procedures_for_Security_%26_Privacy_Consideration.pdf