Re: announce: X3D4 Sound Component and W3C Audio API; draft testimonial

[cc: Efi Thanos and Dick, possibly duplicating list]

Likewise thanks Chris.

Updated version follows, we sent it to Raymond integrating his comments.  Apologies, I neglected to copy you.  (One paragraph, sentences are spaced here for readability.)

==================
Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics is the royalty-free open standard for publishing, viewing, printing and archiving interactive 3D models on the Web.

The W3C Web Audio API is unique and fundamentally important for adding high-fidelity audio processing in a performant cross-platform manner for the Web.

X3D version 4 fully integrates all capabilities in the W3C Web Audio API as a declarative audio graph, within X3D scene graphs, for processing and synthesizing audio in spatialized Web applications.

Open-source implementations and examples repeatably demonstrate how compelling audio capabilities improve 3D interaction, realism and presence on the Web.

- Efi Lakka, University of South Wales, UK
- Thanos Malamos, Hellenic Mediterranean University (HMU), Greece
- Richard Puk, Intelligraphics Inc. USA
- Don Brutzman, X3D Graphics Working Group, Web3D Consortium
==================

If it is only one person allowed from this collaboration, we'll draw straws and get back to you.

Thanks for "assembling the word" on Web Audio and getting it announced for this important milestone.

On 3/11/2021 2:23 PM, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Don, thanks.
>
> I need a person, job title and position to whom the quote should be
> attributed
>
> On 2021-02-25 12:35, Don Brutzman wrote:
>> Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics is the royalty-free open standard for
>> publishing, viewing, printing and archiving interactive 3D models on
>> the Web.
>>     X3D version 4 fully integrates all capabilities in the Web
>> Audio API for processing and synthesizing audio in web applications.
>>     Two open-source implementations demonstrate how compelling
>> audio capabilities improve 3D interaction, realism and presence on the
>> Web.
>
> --
> Chris Lilley
> @svgeesus
> Technical Director @ W3C
> W3C Strategy Team, Core Web Design
> W3C Architecture & Technology Team, Core Web & Media

all the best, Don
--
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       brutzman@nps.edu