Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Apr 1 9:00 am PDT

Attendees:  Athanasios Malamos, Jack Schaedler, Michel Buffa, Raymond Toy,
Paul Adenot, Chris Lilley

Minutes:

   - Admin
      - Poll
      <https://doodle.com/poll/cde4pr3nhgf89kgp?utm_campaign=poll_added_participant_admin&utm_medium=email&utm_source=poll_transactional&utm_content=gotopoll-cta#table>will
      close next week.  Please vote if you plan on attending the F2F.
         - Raymond: We'll decide on the date during the next meeting.
      - V1
      - CR and Rec Status
         - Chris: Still getting testimonials back.
         - Chris: Next step: Proposed rec.  Then 4 weeks for AC to review
         before Rec.
         - Chris: Still need something from you Raymond.
         - Raymond: I'll get it out soon.
         - Chris: Need to update impl report and test report.  Mostly need
         Firefox to update test report.  Chrome needs to update test
report.  Safari
         looks really good.
         - Paul: 200 A4 printed pages.  Great test for Firefox's scrolling
         impl.
      - 3 of 6 Outstanding issues
         - Raymond: Actually only admin issues now.  Everything listed has
         been closed since the agenda was sent out.
         - Paul: Basically just the security review is left.
         - Chris: The statute of limitations has expired;  they've had
         enough time to comment.
      - 2 PRs
         - PRs are all done (or approved).
      - V2
      - New issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22Needs+WG+Review%22>
      :
         - channelCount set at MediaStreamAudioDestinationNode MUST set
         MediaStreamTrack channelCount
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/121>
            - Raymond: Not sure how the channelCount is really supposed to
            work.
            - Paul: AudioDestination channelCoiunt changes the number of
            channels.
            - Raymond: Maybe if MSADN count changes, the output count
            should also change to the MediaStreamTrack count should
change as well.
            - Raymond: Can MediaStreamTrack channel count be changed?
            - Paul: Yes, when constructing it for mic.
            - Raymond: What if I I change MediaStreamTrack count?
            - Paul: Not sure what happnes.  Not defined anywhere, except
            when used with mic on creation.
            - Paul: Next step: look at MediaStreamTrack text to figure out
            what to do.
            - [Paul summarizes in issue]
         - Make AudioBuffer Transferable
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/119>
            - Raymond: Just moving v1 issue to v2
            - Paul: Still under discussion.  People want to use webcodecs
            with webaudio and native nodes.
            - Raymond: Need to set to priority-1
            - Paul: Yes, it's kind of blocking webcodecs
            - Raymond: Still want 16-bit or 8-bit buffers?
            - Paul: Yes.  Webcodec people really want smaller buffers.
            - Raymond: As before, maybe this is two issues: transferable
            and smaller memory
            - Paul: Yes, we can should do it that way.
         - Raw audio recording not supported
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/118>
            - Raymond: Summarizes issue
            - Paul: Should be really simple with worklet
            - Paul: Does MediaRecorder have raw pcm?
            - Raymond: Don't know but Christoph last week said he faked it
            with some weird mime-type to get raw pcm in some way
            - Paul: Way forward: MediaRecorder with mime-type to support
            raw pcm.  Not lossless compression.
            - [Paul summarizes in issue]
         - 15 Priority-1 issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Apriority-1>
         - Render capacity
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
            - Raymond:  Really need to come up with some concrete
            proposal.  I'll try to come up with something.
            - Paul(?): Yes, then people can pile on about the API.
         - Render quantum size
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
            - Raymond: I'll write up an explainer; the issue is fairly
            complete now with proposed API.
            - Chris: We should write explainers for all of these.
            - Raymond: I''ll probably include Paul's diagram of why this is
            important.
            - Jack: Yeah, that diagram is very clear and convincing
         - Hard-sync of two oscillators
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/1>
            - Raymond: Ruth, not here so no updates on her experiments.

See you all next week.