Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Nov 5, 9:00 am PST

Attendees:  Paul Adenot, Christoph Guttandin, Raymond Toy, Jeff Switzer

Minutes

   - V1
      - New issues
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22Needs+WG+review%22>
      - WebAudio Worklets are broken
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2269>
            - Jeff: Seems like a stackoverflow question
            - Paul: Yeah.  You should be able to transfer the buffer
            - Jeff: If I had time I could write a small demo either showing
            the problem or a solution
            - Raymond: An example is always nice to show how things can be
            done nicely.
            - Raymond: Have you tried to get a large buffer into a worklet?
            - Jeff: I haven't but I'll try to write something later if
            possible.
            - Paul: I have an example....[works on example]
         - AudioWorkletProcessor makes false assumptions
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2271>
            - Raymond: Everyone using WASM must have this problem. I assume
            they solve this.
            - Jeff: [Gives possible solution in the issue]
            - Raymond: Way too late for adding an API to suspend/resume a
            node
            - Jeff:  They could create their own class to handle this
            - Raymond: But that's just a more complicated way of writing an
            if statement
            - Jeff: Yes.
            - [Raymond updates the issue]
         - Is AudioWorkletProcessor supposed to be stateless?
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2272>
            - Raymond: I think we do really want to allow state despite
            what the worklet spec says.
            - Christoph: What is the resolution?
            - Paul: He's reading the TR.  Need to look at the editor's draft
            - Raymond: Heh.  Yeah, it explicitly allows WebAudio to have
            state.
            - [Paul updates issue]
         - Status of outstanding issues that we should fix for v1.
         - Frozen arrays for AudioWorklet
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/1933>
            - Raymond: Almost everything is in place; ask for final review
            soon.
         - ABSN.start control messages
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2248>
            - Raymond: I think Paul said he look at it, since I'm confused
            on what we want.
         - Any others?
            - Raymond: There are others;  just waiting for people to have
            time to do them.
         - Open PRs to be reviewed
         - ABSN extrapolation
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2256>
            - Raymond: Karl replied and I'm happy with his suggestions;
            I'll update it soon.
         - V2
      - New issues
         - Interaction between audio elements and WebAudio
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/104>
            - Christoph: Summarizes the issue
            - Paul: CaptureStream is not supposed to mute audio.  Firefox
            is still prefixed since it's not aligned.
            - Paul: But MediaElement is supposed to mute the audio.
            - Christoph: If you inspect the mute property, is it muted?
            - Paul: Whatever the spec says.
            - Paul: See
            https://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-fromelement/#html-media-element-media-capture-extensions
            and
            https://webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api/#dom-audiocontext-createmediaelementsource
            - Christoph: I'll summarize and add it to the issue later today

Thanks everyone; we'll see y'all next week!