Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Oct 7, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees: Christoph Guttandin, Raymond Toy, Chris Lilley, Jeff Switzer

Minutes:

   - TPAC 2020
      - Next week.  See previous email for the schedule.
   - V1
      - Security issue
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2254>
         - Raymond: How long to wait?
         - Chris: Not clear, transitions to recommendation may take a few
         weeks, so this can be done in parallel.
      - V2
      - Output device selection
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/10>
         - Christoph: Mentioned that mediacapture-output API updated to
         support enumerating outputs.
         https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-output/pull/109/files
      - NoiseGate/Expander
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/12>
         - Raymond: CG would be really helpful here.
      - Power law automation
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/22>
         - Just needs spec work
      - PlaybackPosition
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/26>
         - Where exactly is this taken?  At the beginning of the render?
         Wherever the playback head is at when the request is made?
         - Christoph:  Could create a separate ABSN with a ramp source.
         Then automate both.  The ramp ABSN output would then have the actual
         position.
      - Change outputChannelCount
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/37>
         - Raymond:  Chrome can't change the number of output channels and
         have it take effect immediately.  There would be a delay of
at least one
         render.
         - Raymond: This doesn't work with outputs now being FrozenArrays.
         Probably implies having to set some value.
      - audio thread overload
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/40>
         - Raymond:  Devs can already use performance.Now() with a test
         code to determine how powerful your machine is.  This API
wouldn't make it
         worse (I think).
         - Chris:  Do we want privacy review? It's a sprawling thread.
         - Raymond:  Let's make a proposal on what this will be and have
         privacy review for the proposal.
      - Handling of output arrays for worklet
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/42>
         - Last comment summarizes the current state of things; nothing new
         added.