Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Oct 1, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees:  Jeff Switzer, Chris Lilley, Paul Adenot, Raymond Toy, Christoph
Guttandin, Attila Haraszti

Minutes:

   - TPAC 2020
   - V1
      - Next steps
         - Raymond has spreadsheet on failing tests.  Will send to Firefox
         to fill out
         - Chris Lilley asks if wpt.fyi has the latest Safari.  Not really
         clear.
         - Chris: Need to update the implementation report with latest
         safari news.  (Raymond to update).
         - Chris to follow up with security and privacy reviews
         - Change log needs to be updated. (After we fix the outstanding
         issues.)
      - New issues
         - Issue 2251: Allow to start vs [[suspended by user]]
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2251>
            - Chris and Raymond agree it should be in V1.  Just add note
            that allowed-to-start needs to honor suspended by user.
         - Issue 2252: Resolving [[pending resume promises]]
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2252>
            - Raymond: Specced behavior is odd. resume() causes pending
            resumes to be rejected not resolved.
            - Raymond: should fix this in v1.
            - Chris: Agreed.
            - Jeff: Can i write a test for this?
            - Chris: Yes, it should be possible
            - Paul: Might have a test in Firefox already.
         - Outstanding issues
         - FrozenArrays
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/1933>
            - Raymond: PR for this up, but need help from Hongchan to
            describe how corner cases are handled.  Also can't figure
out a WebIDL way
            to say the callback must be named "process".
            - Paul: Using callback will automatically get things set up
            correctly.
         - PRs
         - Paul to review dup IDs for decode callbacks
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2253>.
      - V2
      - #13: User selectable render size
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/13>
         - Still needs IDL proposal
         - Paul:  Will get new devices for testing.  50% improvement on
         most of the Android devices (buffer size is 160).
      - #10: Access to different output devices
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/10>
         - Raymond:  Need to support selection somehow.
      - #11: 16-bit AudioBuffers
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/11>
         - Raymond:  Should do it but not sure how.
         - Paul:  Firefox already does this internally and works well.
         - Paul: Could do compression (with very fast decompressors).
         There are non-patented techniques for this.
         - More design needed.
      - AOB
      - None