Re: [Agenda] WG/CG Telecon Thurs Aug 13, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees: Jeff Switzer, Jack Schaedler, Hugh Rawlinson, Chris Lilley,
Christoph Guttandin, Raymond Toy, Matt Paradis

Minutes:

   - V1 privacy (since Chris L is here)
      - Chris says it looks ready to go so land it and wait for further
      comments.
      - Landed PR 2224 <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/pull/2224>,
      resolving the last privacy issue.
   - V2 issues
      - Ray: Already covered noise generator, polynomial ramp, shelf
      filters with Q, and ConstantSourceNode with detune.  What's next?
      - Chris:  3D audio
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/88> and
      ambisonics issue.  Where is the ambisonics issue? All v1 issues on
      spatial audio have been closed.
      - Chris:  What about pulse width oscillator
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/7>?  What info
      do we need?  Detail algorithm specified or just the API?
         - Ray: For consistency, the peak should be at most one, assuming
         there is ringing on the waveform.
         - Ray: someone should implement this with a worklet to see how
         they look.
         - Chris: And also look at how csound and others implement this.
         - Jack: agrees on some sample implementations to let people see
         how it works.  May be able to spend some time on this looking at other
         implementations.  Perhaps Faust has something?
      - Issue 4 <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/4>:
      bring your own buffer memory management
         - Jack: summarizes the issue so it doesn't need to copy so much
         stuff between the worklet and WASM memory.
         - Ray: Seems like issue #5
         <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/5> is the same
         - Ray: Jack, do you expect dynamic number of channels.
         - Jack: Generally don't need dynamic counts.
         - Jack: Profiling the cost of copies would be interesting to know.
      - AOB
      - Matt: What about TPAC?
      - Ray, Chris: We have a CG meeting scheduled.  But we should have
      meeting like we did for our F2F a few months ago:  2 hrs/day, 4
days/week,
      2 weeks, sometime around TPAC.