Re: [Agenda] WG Telecon Thurs Apr 16, 9:00 am PDT

Attendees:  Paul, Raymond

Minutes:

   - TPAC 2020:  We all want to attend in person if the situation allows it.
   - Privacy
      - Restricting sounds beyond normal hearing
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2191>
         - This will be gated by any permission prompt for the sample rate;
         no additional permission required.
      - Privacy re-review
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/2061>
         - We are opposed to adding a dithering noise signal that Brave
         does.
         - Paul to propose adding some spec text to manage the sample rate,
         output channel count and output latency (the main HW
fingerprinting points).
      - V1
   - New issues covered above in the privacy notes above.
      - Bikeshed is still broken so we'll have to wait until that is fixed
      before landing any PRs.
      - V2
   - Demoting AudioContext into an OfflineAudioContext
      <https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api-v2/issues/74>
      - An interesting idea, but we probably won't do this; Paul to follow
         up with additional details.

See y'all next week!