Re: Audio Working Group Charter Extended until 14 February 2020

All,

This looks good, with the added comment that the status of Audio Device
Client proposal is becoming more and more unclear in the long term.

The current setup (Web Audio API + some additions that are planned for V2)
seem to solve all the problems that Audio Device Client was set to solve,
without any breaking changes or necessity to rewrite code. Additionally, it
already integrates well with other bits of the web platform (which is not
the case with Audio Device Client).

It was certainly an interesting intellectual exercise, and I think the Web
Audio API is better thanks to it, but it doesn't seem useful to pursue, for
example by having a deliverable about it. The next few months will tell,
I've posted my concerns on the various issues and engaged with the wider
audio community about it (within and outside the W3C venues), but haven't
had too much real answers to them.

Cheers,
Paul.