Re: First chrome wpt test added

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 1:33 AM, Paul Adenot <padenot@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Thanks Raymond.
>
> It looks like Firefox does not pass some assertions, I'll try to have a
> look.

I think they're relatively minor.  The min/max values are set to +/-
infinity on Firefox, but most positive (negative) single-float on Chrome.
I think the spec did say the nominal range was +/- infinity, exclusive, and
the latest version does use the most positive (negative) single float
values.

> Tests from Mozilla are still in our repo [0], and will be merged in the
> next few days (not sure when). They cover AnalyserNode, mostly.
> Additionally, your tests should be merged into our repo, and should start
> running (and I should fix Firefox so they fully pass, but I don't see
> myself having enough time right now).

You want to merge these tests back to the mozilla repo? I'm fine with that,
but we're planning on removing these constant source node tests from
chrome's tests, if possible.

> Additionally, I'm mentoring students from a french university to convert
> more Mozilla tests, and I'm planning to convert some more myself.

Awesome!

One final detail.  As I mentioned, we have a wrapper  (Audit) around
testharness and I would like to know the way forward?  I would certainly
prefer all tests to use the wrapper (because the failure messages are quite
detailed), but we can certainly live with a mixture of testharness test and
Chrome Audit.  I don't won't to convert our tests to plain testharness test.