Re: "maplike" changes

Hi Hongchan,

I agree that we do not absolutely require the maplike pattern for
properties -- what we require is something like
postMessage-without-Transferables (and we'd need it anyway, maplikes or
not).

There was a secondary issue driving the maplikes, which was the inability
to override parameter or property getter methods in custom AWN subclasses
(since these are attached to AWN instances, not to any particular class).
However, I believe this issue is only relevant to properties -- it does not
make sense to me that someone would want to do this for AudioParams.

Back to your question: I think the best method/event signature for the
"lightweight data transfer" would be:

    void sendData (any data);
    attribute EventHandler     ondata;

I prefer `sendData` to `sendEvent` because we are not sending an event: we
are sending data, which *triggers* an event dispatched on the receiving
object. At least, that's my view so far!

Best,

Joe Berkovitz
President
Noteflight LLC