Re: asynchronous vs synchronous instantiation of AudioWorkerNodes

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>
wrote:

> FWIW, I just made a complete example on how to implement a Sine node on
> top of my proposal:
> https://gist.github.com/jussi-kalliokoski/aa84fbb4cde7fc54ff01
>

> Jussi,
>
> That looks pretty much in line with my proposal.
>
> One difference is that you put the node-construction method on the context
> instead of the worker.
>
> A more substantive difference is that you seem to be giving the worker
> access to the actual AudioWorkerNode object, the same one that’s in the
> main thread.

Ah, no, that's not the case. In my proposal ([1] and the amendment [2]) the
worker is given an AudioHandle instance, not an actual AudioNode instance.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2014JulSep/0208.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2014JulSep/0209.html