Re: question on channel merger layout determination

I think this is just a bug in Gecko's implementation, and should be filed
in Bugzilla as such.  The spec says:

"There is a single output whose audio stream has a number of channels equal
to the sum of the numbers of channels of all the connected inputs."

That seems unambiguous to me (it uses "connected" inputs, not "active").