Re: Acessing a multi-channel audio interface?

IIRC: By *default*, the destination node will set itself to stereo.
 However, you can observe from the maxChannelCount on the destination node
that it has more channels available, and you can set its channelCount to <=
that number (e.g. 4, for a 4-output device or the first four channels of a
6-channel device), then use a MergerMode to construct the 4-channel stream
you want to send to that device.  Don't forget to set channelMode to
"explicit" so it doesn't upmix/downmix using the defined layouts.