Re: Audio Workers - please review

On 10 Sep 2014 10:03, "Olli Pettay" <olli@pettay.fi> wrote:

> On 09/10/2014 08:00 PM, Alex Russell wrote:
>>
>> I see. It should be removed in favor of fetch().
>

> Why?
>
> (But that is off topic to this wg.)

Because synchronous == bad.

olli@pettay.fi>> wrote:

>>     On 09/10/2014 07:48 PM, Alex Russell wrote:
>>
>>              e) The topic of whether or not synchronous APIs must be
allowed on workers is being debated on public-script-coord, and it seems
like
>>         there is no
>>              consensus on that yet.  But I find the possibility of
running synchronous XHR on the audio processing thread unacceptable for
example,
>>         given its
>>              realtime requirements.
>>

>>         You should remove XHR and, if anything, only surface fetch.
Actually, it was my recollection taht XHR isn't in the base interface for
workers.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/__web-apps/current-work/__multipage/workers.html#apis-__available-to-workers