Re: Round Trip Latency test

Hi Stephen,

These two lines seem to assume that the latency through the ScriptProcessorNode is twice its buffer size:
  - 89: outputTimes.push(bufferLength * frame + bufferLength);
  - 104: inputTimes.push(bufferLength * frame + n - bufferLength);

Is that really always the case?

The only idea I had so far to reliably measure the latency through the ScriptProcessorNode was to send a sort of time code (e.g. a ramp counting the samples of a second generated via an AudioBufferSourceNode) through a ScriptProcessorNode (that just copies the input into the output) and to compare (e.g. subtract) the signal coming out of the node with the signal going into the node.
I guess, one would need an additional ScriptProcessorNode to look at the result…

(BTW: The time code can also be used to see if frames get lost on the way into the audio process code.)

Norbert