Re: Having some problems with envelopes

On 24/07/2014 16:34, Chris Wilson wrote:
> I think these are related.  You would currently need to keep track
> of the calculations yourself to determine the current value, but if
> we exposed the computedValue at the last time, you could use that.

I'm not sure I understand - where would that value be exposed?

> You will of course need to calculate the attack time yourself (i.e.
> the attack segment of the second note starts from non-zero, but you
> want to keep the slope of the ramp the same, IIUC).

Yes, that's the problem - the time varies because the start point of the
slope might not be zero.

> Can you tell me, in your experience do "typical ADSR" envelopes use
> Linear ramps or exponential?  My understanding has been that attacks
> are typically linear, but decays are exponential, but I've not found
> very definitive information.

I've seen both - no idea of the split in the market place.

> setValueCurve does not interpolate, by definition, so I don't know
> that it would be a good model.

Ah yes, my mistake.  I suppose if the samples in the curve were
calculated at a-rate it might work?

Ray