Re: DynamicsCompressorNode no automatic make up gain

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Robin Reumers <robinreumers@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For educational purposes, I used the DynamicsCompressorNode to teach
> compression. However, the DynamicsCompressorNode in the Web Audio API uses
> some sort of automatic make up gain, so it’s not just compressing above a
> threshold, but actually taking the soft parts up.

I don't quite understand what this make-up gain is, but originally the
DynamicsCompressor node had an emphasis and de-emphasis filters for high
freuqencies that would cause the compressed audio to have a gain applied.
 See the discussion at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2014JanMar/0010.html.

If this is what you are seeing, then this should have been removed and
Chrome 36 should have this fix.