Re: API for streaming encoded audio

I did experiment with that but I couldn't get it to work reliably.  I
tested with Firefox and found that the audio element still buffered, so
there was a significant delay before playback started, and I was getting
dropouts on occasion.  It's possible that I could have tuned it just
right for this particular browser but I gave up on this approach because
it I didn't feel like it was going to produce reliable, consistent
results among various clients.

Thanks,
Joe