Re: [Agenda] W3C Audio WG Teleconference, 2014-01-16

As per the recent discussion, I'd like to talk about cross-origin media requests in the context of Web Audio, if times allows us.

A relevant (but old) thread is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013JulSep/0219.html.

Quick summary:

roc (and then Ehsan) proposed that a MediaElementSourceNode whose HTMLMediaElement is cross-origin, and:

  - Either the .crossOrigin attribute was not set, or ;
  - The .crossOrigin attribute was set, but the server denied the use of the resource for cross-origin applications.

outputs silence instead of the samples from the HTMLMediaElement.

Chris Rogers then said that is was a "reasonable idea".

Cheers,
Paul.