Fwd: Continuous playback of javascript synthesized consecutive audio buffers causes audio artifacts when no buffer starving occurs.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Patrick Martin <patrick.martin.r@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: Continuous playback of javascript synthesized consecutive
audio buffers causes audio artifacts when no buffer starving occurs.
To: "Srikumar K. S." <srikumarks@gmail.com>

The issue is that the current implementation can't do it accurately as
scheduling always includes some delay from the scheduling javascript code.
ie if you schedule a buffer to playback in x seconds you're actually
scheduling it in x seconds + execution time of the javascript (which may
even be interuppted). the whole idea behind a queue is that as long as you
have buffers in the queue there will be no delay in playback/artifacts due
to buffer switching.