Re: start/stop method for OscillatorNode

2013-10-10 01:03, Karl Tomlinson skrev:
> Raymond Toy writes:
>
>> The idl for the start and stop methods for the OscillatorNode both take a
>> required when argument. But the description of the methods says they are
>> the same as AudioBufferSourceNode.  But the AudioBufferSourceNode does not
>> require a when argument.
> I don't know why |when| is optional for AudioBufferSourceNode but
> required for OscillatorNode.
>
> For OscillatorNode, I read the AudioBufferSourceNode descriptions
> of start() and stop() as if |when| is provided, but the other
> parameters are not.

I definitely think that the |when| argument should be optional for both
AudioBufferSourceNode and OscillatorNode. I've failed a few times on
this when doing playback with the AudioBufferSourceNode, and WebKit
required me to pass in zero, which was just annoying felt unnecessary.

/Marcus

--
Marcus Geelnard
Technical Lead, Mobile Infrastructure