Re: [web-audio-api] Add an way to request mathematically correct oscillators (#244)

From: Russell McClellan <notifications@github.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:55:37 -0700
To: WebAudio/web-audio-api <web-audio-api@noreply.github.com>
Well, you still don't want aliasing in the case the oscillator node is being fed into an audio param at audio rates.  I think maybe a better way to word this same complaint is to say that low-frequency oscillators have to include high-frequency partials.  This could manifest itself as implementors using naive oscillators below a certain frequency.  I think needlessly complicating the API with an "aliasing" mode doesn't help much and may incorrectly encourage users to introduce aliasing to their designs.

---
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/244#issuecomment-25399108