Re: [minutes] Audio WG teleconference 2013-09-19

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Olivier Thereaux <
Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> * ScriptProcessorNode behavior without JavasScript references
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013JulSep/thread.html#msg1897
> There was agreement that the current solution in the spec is probably the
> least problematic, and that we should mention in the spec (as well as in
> developer evangelism material) what the best practice is and how to avoid
> creating memory leaks in this situation.

So, in summary, once onaudioprocess is set and the ScriptProcessorNode is
connected, the ScriptProcessorNode will continue to play even if all
Javascript references to the node are dropped.

Basically, the only way to stop a ScriptProcessorNode is to set
onaudioprocess to 0 or to disconnect the node from the graph.  (Or close
the tab.)

Is that a correct summary?

Ray