Re: [web-audio-api] (OscillatorFolding): Oscillator folding considerations (#127)

From: Paul ADENOT <notifications@github.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:03:38 -0700
To: WebAudio/web-audio-api <web-audio-api@noreply.github.com>
Are we okay with replacing the MUST in "care must be taken to discard (filter out) the high-frequency information" by a a SHOULD? Filtering high frequencies out of a square wave used as a 8Hz LFO is certainly a reasonable exception, in the sense of the SHOULD of rfc2119.

I'd say making sure frequencies above Nyquist aren't folding back in the audible range should be required for a conforming implementation, since not doing so makes a _very_ noticeable difference.

---
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-audio-api/issues/127#issuecomment-24507931