Re: Behavior of source nodes on connect/disconnect

From: Karl Tomlinson <karlt+public-audio@karlt.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 11:55:28 +1200
To: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
Cc: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>, "public-audio\@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
Jer Noble writes:

> One further hypothetical: should “pause” and “play” traverse down the graph?
> I.e., if you “pause” a ConvolutionNode, would the AudioBufferSourceNode
> feeding it pause as well.

To pause a subgraph feeding a node, all upstream nodes would need
to be paused.  If some of those upstream nodes are also feeding
not-paused nodes, then I don't think we want to pause these
upstream nodes.  I don't know that we can have the concept of
pausing a subgraph, given the generality of graphs.

The issues are similar with an explicit pause API or with implicit
pause on disconnect.