Re: Behavior of source nodes on connect/disconnect

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:53:32 -0700
To: Katelyn Gadd <kg@luminance.org>
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>, Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
One thing that bothers me about pausing nodes automatically when their last
output node goes away is that it reduces the modularity of audio subgraphs.
E.g. if you have an app that relies on auto-pausing a subgraph when it has
no outputs, and someone (maybe someone reusing your code) adds a
ScriptProcessorNode or MediaStreamAudioDestinationNode+MediaRecorder to tap
the output of the subgraph, suddenly things break. An explicit pause/resume
API would not have this problem. (I assume the output of paused nodes would
be treated as silence if they're still connected to outputs.)

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*