Re: DynamicsCompressorNode.reduction is read-only AudioParam ?

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:56 AM, s p <sebpiq@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The downside of this is you can't effectively use the compressor as an
> envelope follower.
>
> Well ... then 2 inputs, 2 outputs!!!

Sure.

> > the compressor does not explicitly state, but I believe it should be
> stereo-linked
>
> What about if you have a mono signal?

Interestingly enough, the compressor is defined to be 2-channel - so if you
have a mono input, IIUC it's always going to be promoted to a stereo signal
on output.  Of course, upmixing a mono signal to stereo is just going to
duplicate the signal, which should have no effect on it being stereo-linked
or not; but if you really want to have a mono output signal, you'll just
have to use a channel splitter to strip out the first channel again.