Re: JSC Neutering issue

From: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:40:43 -0700
Cc: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
To: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>

On Aug 15, 2013, at 12:01 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jer (and group)!
>
> I just saw this post: <https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2013-August/025267.html>.  Does this mean that the WebKit neutering bug that had been worrying you about the usage of neutering in the Web Audio spec will not be an issue any more?

Ehsan,

I talked this over with Filip, and while there is somewhat of a performance amelioration (in that neutering in what’s called the “main world” will not affect other worlds like the debugging or plugin world), but that amelioration is very minor.  The neutering performance issue will still occur within the main world, and as that is overwhelmingly the largest one, the performance concern still exists.

-Jer