Re: New proposal for fixing race conditions

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>wrote:

> When discussing how to fix the shared memory problem, we have either Roc's
> proposal on the table which doesn't change the API surface but uses
> neutering to prevent concurrent accesses to the same buffer, or Jer's
> proposal which breaks the API surface and does not use neutering in order
> to work around the WebKit + JSC bug.  I personally think that Jer's
> solution is a cleaner API, but we have decided to not fix other problems in
> the API in order to maintain backwards compatibility, and I would like to
> urge everybody to keep the trade-offs in mind when casting their vote.

I think once Jer clarifies the conditions under which
NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR is fired, his proposal may have similar
complexity to mine (perhaps even more complex, since he introduces the new
AudioBufferChannel object and APIs to work with it). Let's wait and see.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*