Re: New proposal for fixing race conditions

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:
>>
>>> OK.  I want to load an audio file, perform some custom analysis on it
>>> (e.g. determine average volume), perform some custom (offline) processing
>>> on the buffer based on that analysis (e.g. soft limiting), and then play
>>> the resulting buffer.
>>>

> My original proposal (as implemented in Gecko) makes no extra copies here.
> The play operation neuters the JS array(s) and migrates the data to the
> audio thread.

I must be looking at the wrong proposal. (
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013AprJun/0644.html)
implies the load (which would create an AudioBuffer) creates one instance
of the data, and the "acquire contents" (in order to perform analysis and
processing) would create a copy.