"Lack of Serialization Primitives & Introspection" issue

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:37:17 +1200
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>, Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks for this feedback!

Regarding this issue, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2013AprJun/0432.html and
the surrounding thread. Web Audio's design encourages a "fire and forget"
approach of constantly creating new nodes and never explicitly removing
them, which is incompatible with APIs that expose graph structure. If the
TAG insists on having such APIs, then we'll have to redesign Web Audio
significantly (probably making it harder to use), which I don't think
anyone in this group really wants.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*