Re: New proposal for fixing race conditions

One more point -

It is not worth worrying about memcpy costs for the input/output
buffers of script processor nodes since these buffers are small.
These costs can be significant only for buffers created from
pre-generated audio, loaded samples and such.

A possible criterion for examining copy costs and API design might
be to imagine an implementation of the Web Audio API that uses a
client-server architecture (like the one SuperCollider has) - where
all the major audio computation happens not just in a separate
thread, but in a separate process. Then the objects exposed in JS
merely *represent* server-side objects. It is certainly possible to
provide a performant audio and synthesis library with this
architecture. So the API design criterion becomes "minimize the
communication overhead between the client and the server".

-Kumar