Re: Consensus on the issue of deprecated APIs and sync decoding

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com> wrote:

> **
> Den 2013-06- 21:30:18 skrev Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>:
>

> It would be interesting to see if we can add something to <
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web_Audio_API/Porting_webkitAudioContext_code_to_standards_based_AudioContext>
> which makes that article a more complete resource for web developers who
> wish to learn how to port their code over to the standard AudioContext...
>
> I think that most of the content in the "old names" section of the spec is
> currently reflected in that document.
>

> Sorry for going a bit off topic here...
>
> I think that dev article is very informative, and it would be great if it
> could serve as the de facto reference for porting webkitAudioContext code
> to AudioContext. (On another note, I personally think that such information
> does not belong in a spec, but I will not object strongly about it).
>
> I think it would be really great if that article was styled in a way so
> that you can easily see what's old and what's new - for instance having
> different background colors for the old / new code. That way you can
> quickly get a glance of the differences in the APIs. I also think it would
> be good to have code samples for every section (even for trivial things
> such as setTargetValueAtTime), making for a more consistent presentation.

I asked Paul Adenot to help with adding more code samples.  For separating
the old/new code, I'm already using comments.  Do you think that is not
enough?

(FWIW, MDN is a wiki and everyone should feel welcome to edit this page! :-)

--
Ehsan
<http://ehsanakhgari.org/>