Re: noteOn in milliseconds?

The use of seconds in Web Audio tracks the general use of seconds in current HTML5 media-related specifications (such as the <audio> and <video> DOM elements):

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/media-elements.html#offsets-into-the-media-resource

To lapse into personal opinion for a moment, I think seconds are far easier for audio developers to work with given the frequent need to convert between time offsets and other rate-based units that are usually given in seconds (frames per second, beats per minute, sample rates in Hertz, and so on).  It's milliseconds that are the outlier :)

Joe Berkovitz
President

Noteflight LLC
Boston, Mass.